Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Autumn Artistamp

Today I Created | Autumn postage stamps

I had so much fun with the Munk e-mail postage stamps so I decided to try another experiment.

I wanted to use more color but I don't own a lot of ink pads. I do, however, have a variety of Glimmer Mist sprays in some nice Autumn colors. So I experimented with rubber stamping Glimmer Mist inks.

Again, I printed the words using the computer. Next I sprayed Glimmer Mist on my craft mat and inked my rubber stamps right on the mat. This created some unexpected results with blending colors. Green and red create muddy brown very quickly. I had to clean off the mat and respray to keep the colors bright.

After using Glimmer Mists instead of ink pads I would recommend ink pads if you have them but this was a good learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...