Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hocus Pocus Card

Today I Created | A Halloween Hocus Pocus pop-up card.

My sister had given me a bag full of googly eyes and I didn't have a clue as to what I wanted to do with these. Well, it will be Halloween soon so I decided to make something "scary" using these eyes.

First I die cut the tree using the Tree, Scary die and glued googly eyes to the branches. Next I die cut a Sizzix Spinning 3D Platform by Karen Burniston and mounted it to the center of a 6"x6" card. I glued a piece of Halloween paper to the spinning platform and then glued the tree to that.

The front of the card has a shape by DaisyD and the spider is from the Spider & Spiderweb pop-up die.

The card lays flat when closed with eyeballs and arms sticking out of the side. As you open the card the tree spins and is presented facing the viewer. As it spins, the eyes also move about in a friendly, scary way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...