Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Apothecary Jar Centerpiece

Today I Created | A Christmas Tablescape inside an Apothecary Jar

I was inspired by a beautiful idea in the PB catalog. I recreated it but at a fraction of their cost.


The apothecary jar is from Michaels that I bought on sale with a coupon. The bird in the center is actually metal that I found at a garage sale years ago. The bird has a lovely Shabby Chic finish so I didn't want to cover it with glitter. I printed music sheets from the Graphics Fairy and trimmed them into 3/4" strips. I rolled these around a pencil to create curls.

I had small pinecones that I first dipped in white paint and then glitter. The "snow" is fiber batting covered with Sparkle Christmas Snow from Anthropologie.

As a final touch, I took a piece of off-white ribbon and stamped "Merry Christmas" several times then tied it around the top of the lid.

The total cost for everything in my tablescape is about $25. At the PB, the apothecary jar alone costs $69 empty.

This is linked to TheGirlCreative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...