Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Pop-up Gift Card Holders

Today I Created | Christmas Pop-up Gift Card Holders

Well, I already borrowed part of this idea from Karen Burniston so I decided that I may as well borrow a bit more. I just couldn't resist how she made her Twist Cube die pop up and hold a gift card so I decided to make my own version. Here's what she did for the Triple Play Blog Hop. Isn't it amazing! You can see why I couldn't resist this idea. Since I had to make so many of these I am not putting them in a card but rather the pop-up Twist Cube is the gift.


I used several different styles of Basic Grey Christmas papers. I used the double-sided Christmas papers to create the bows using the Sizzix Create-a-Bow die.  I used single-sided papers for the Twist Cube shape. I made my own "tags" that actually holds the gift cards. I pretty much wiped out my stash of Basic Grey Christmas papers so I think some shopping is in order.


When the Twist Cube is closed, the tag says "Merry Christmas". I used the Santa and Reindeer image from the Graphics Fairy and layered it in Photoshop to create the front of the tag.


When the Twist Cube is opened then the tag reveals the gift card and says "For You". I used the Holly Sprig image also from the Graphics Fairy. Below is a better view of what the tag looks like before it is folded and trimmed.

Hope you enjoy this and a big thank you to the two Karens that inspired this; Karen Burniston and Karen the Graphics Fairy.

I linked this to the Graphics Fairy and Favecrafts, Finished on the Fifteenth.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Lynda . . . you really have to e-mail or text me when you post stuff like this. I'll be shouting it to the blogtops! (See what I did there?) I LOVE your clever little gift card holders. Love the idea of having them be their own little stand-alone items. You AMAZE ME!!! Thank you for using my die and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really great idea! I love the images you used!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea--I might have to steal this! Thanks for linking up with us--I hope to see you back for the next blog hop in January. I also wanted to let you know that we featured all of the blog hop projects in a special newsletter mailing that went out to our 850,000 subscribers!

    Karisa
    Editor, FaveCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...