Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award... WOW!

I am so honored to be awarded with the Stylish Blogger Award from the talented ladies at Coffee @ 3. How exciting this is for me. I could ramble on but let's just say I am pleased and honored.

So now it is my turn to select eight wonderfully stylish blogs and honor them with a Stylish Blogger Award. If you are one of the winners listed below then here are a few rules to follow when you accept this award:

1. Thank and link back to the blogger who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 8 recently discovered bloggers
4. Contact Bloggers and inform them of their awards

So without further delay, here are the eight blogs that I think are deserving of a Stylish Blogger Award.

BLOG #1
Ruffled
Ruffled is self-described as a "Wedding blog for vintage, indie and DIY brides". But it is a wonderful, visual treat to see beautiful photographs, vintage treasures and clever, handmade decorations all in one place. This is a treasure trove of party and decorating ideas as well as lovely tablescapes.


BLOG #2
A Creative Mint

A Creative Mint will make you gasp at how beautiful simple things can become in the hands of an artist. Leslie creates color boards that are so stunning and takes photos that are so beautiful. She raises the bar on what a stylish blog should look like.

BLOG #3
Miss Mustard Seed is a fabulous blog about interior decorating and refurbishing vintage finds. She does some amazing transformations of furniture. I also love the graphics on her blog which give it a vintage feel without going over the top.


BLOG #4
I'm just a vintage groupie and I love the treasures Amy finds. Besides seeing all of the cool vintage things, I enjoy her writing style. I like her sense of humor. And I like her taste in vintage.


BLOG #5
I adore Selena's blog. Not only does she have a Linky party for everyone to share their fabulous thrifting finds, but she is also so generous to share her tips on conducting a reselling business. 


BLOG #6

Almost, but not quite, too pretty for words. The photos here are like candy for the eyes. Lots of inspiration.

BLOG #7
A thoughtful blog written by two women who live 3,191 miles apart. They post photos of their daily lives as viewed from both sides of United States. A beautiful blog that makes you stop and smell the roses in your own life.

BLOG #8
Everything Lori creates is adorable. I especially love her Tiny House. Another creative and inspiring blog.


So those are my eight winners of the Stylish Blogger Award. It was difficult to select just eight but these are all stylish, inspiring and entertaining. Now, on to...

SEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I have a wonderful grown-up son and a super-special English boyfriend. Both of these men make me laugh and bring so much joy into my life.

2. I am a graphic designer for a paper crafting company. I design packaging, catalogs and advertising (the ad that I designed for the Tim Holtz Vagabond die cutting machine was in Scrapbooks Etc. recently). 

3. I started my blog because I didn't want to waste my evenings watching TV. I like making things and it feels good to be productive.

4. As a child, I remember going to thrift stores with my mother. I have since inherited boxes of vintage treasures as well as some true antiques. All of that and I still go out looking for more vintage treasures.

5. I don't like to cook. 

6. Things I have crossed off of my Bucket List: Helicopter flight over Manhattan, "Flying" in a vertical wind tunnel (not recommended), Scuba Diving in Hawaii, Seeing my favorite British actor perform in Hamlet (flying out in the morning, catching a matinee and flying back the same day), Learning to ride a horse... the list goes on. 

7. Words that inspire me to do more: "When was the last time you did something for the first time?"


Congratulations to all of these amazing bloggers. Thank you for your inspiration and generosity in sharing your talents. Remember to follow the rules listed above. And again, I want to thank Lauren & Michele from Coffee @ 3 for honoring me with this Stylish Blogger Award. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! You listed some other beautiful blogs, here. I'm in good company for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award, Lynda! Your blog is truly beautiful. Oh and you listed a bunch of amazing blogs right here. I'll go over later to check some of them. I am now following you thanks to Wandering Wednesday blog hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial to learn a few easy tricks to make your blog fabulous and fun. See you there!
    Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this although I will be hard-pressed to come up with 3 share-worthy things about myself, let alone seven. Egads! :-) And I concur with Miss Mustard Seed - I am in some wonderful company here. Several of the blogs mentioned are among my favorites. Thank you, Lynda!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...