Sunday, February 24, 2013

Keep Calm and Thrift On

My life has been more crazy than usual this past week. I'm just trying to get through everything and still find time to go thrifting. Dear Handyman is just getting over a cold but he insisted on coming with me to a sale this weekend.

My favorite find was this ceramic dog figurine. The little guy has wire glasses, lenticular eyes {eyes appear to change depending on the angle of view} and is holding a book. Hmmm.... I wonder if my dog could learn to read if she had glasses?
I also love finding vintage Halloween items. Here is an old, tin Halloween noisemaker.
We found a few vintage Christmas pieces. One appears to be a tree-topper but the base is rather small.
I also found several glass items. The Swan Bowl is a very thick, opaque glass. There was also some Fire King bowls and a milk bottle marked "Comalac". I don't know about the green vase but it looked interesting.


I will definitely get some of these items into my Stuff to Treasure store as soon as time permits.

Hope everyone had a great day of thrifting.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...