Saturday, February 9, 2013

Thrifting in the Dark

We went to one very dim estate sale today. For some reason there was very little lighting both inside the house and in the garage. This was the first time I wished that I had a flashlight with me.

My favorite find was a vintage, unused, anthropomorphic, Smiling Kitchen dish towel in lovely turquoise and lime green. There was also an identical second towel in used condition but just as cute.
In the dim garage I found an aqua and white glass vase. I am not sure if it is a vintage Swedish glass piece but it is such a perfect color.
I found an old Ball Mason jar with a Hellmann's Mayonnaise lid {we only have Best Foods Mayonnaise here in California} and inside were two unidentified objects. Luckily the jar had an old label that read "Cotton and feather birds belonging to Virginia W." I love the little birds but who is "Virginia W." and I hope she doesn't want her birds back.
We found another red wooden utensil tray filled with old "bulldog" clips in various colors. These trays would work well as display shelves.
The last two things I grabbed in the dark garage was a mother-of-pearl handled wick trimmer and a checkerboard pattern darning mushroom. I couldn't see these very well but the shapes looked interesting in the dark.
Everything will be posted in my Stuff to Treasure store as soon as possible. 

I also want to give a warm Thank You to Janee of Yellow Bird, Yellow Beard for featuring my Stuff to Treasure store on her blog. She is a fellow Storenvy seller with a really beautiful selection of fun items. Check out her store for some sweet inspiration.

I hope everyone had a great day of thrifting. Hope your hunting was brighter than ours. 

This is linked to:

3 comments:

  1. It would be hard to miss the cuteness of that towel, even in dim light! I love it, and also that vase. For some reason, I'm crazy about the color aqua right now!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very odd about the dim lighting!

    You managed to find great stuff nonetheless. I am smitten with your birdies, love them!

    Happy Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a new found love for tea towels, this is such a happy one. I also love birds, they are adorable.
    Thanks for sharing at Restyled Sundays.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...