Saturday, March 16, 2013

Simple Life of Thrifting

I have been trying to simplify my life lately. I've begun by trying to quiet my thoughts. I tried to thrift only things that complimented what I already had or that peaked my curiousity.

My favorite find was a small apothecary bottle with glass stopper, a Ball jar with glass insert and pink Mercury glass spikes. I have never seen a glass insert for a Ball jar lid before.
We found two cigar boxes filled with tintype photos, old photo cabinet cards and some old foreign money.
I picked up a few pretty hankies and an old red bandanna.
More Pyrex with lids plus an extra lid.
Another really cute Nancy Ann {Hollywood Doll?} dressed in a Dutch outfit.
We also found an old 1943 hand-written diary, some old maps and some vintage children's books with fun illustrations.
So far, this has been a low-stress weekend of thrifting. Maybe quieting my thoughts has opened up opportunities for more good things to come into my life. Now I just need to add more items into my Stuff to Treasure store.

Hope everyone had a great day of thrifting.

2 comments:

  1. You found some really great goodies! Love the old tintype photos! I'm itching to go garage sale shopping but it's still too cold.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...