Sunday, November 16, 2014

Counting My Blessings, Enjoying My Life

I needed a little time to stop and count my blessings. I realized that I am blessed with so much right now and sometimes I need to slow down and enjoy my life.

A week ago I went to the Carson Rubber Stamp Convention. It is about a 45 minute drive via the freeway so I kind of take it for granted that I can always attend it when it comes to town.
But what I am truly blessed with is that I had the opportunity to spend some time with Tim Holtz. Back in August, Tim sent me a box full of goodies to play with. Oh the joy! But then I began to stress about what I could possibly do to thank him for his thoughtfulness and generosity.



I finally decided that I had to sew something for him and that it had to be made from something vintage. I made two burlap totes created from an old burlap seed bag.
Then on Tuesday, Dear Handyman and I went to Las Vegas and met up with my sister and brother-in-law. They flew in from Wyoming for our family reunion. It was great to see them. My sister and I are so goofy together.

The thing I just realized was that I am so blessed to have a sister that shares a history of funny memories. Our parents used to take us to Las Vegas every year when we were little. The city has changed but we aren't impressed with the lights and glamour. In fact, I only took a few photos;
 This is the iconic cowboy sign on Fremont Street. That's the Plaza hotel on the far right.
 We drove by the pawn shop where they film Pawn Stars. There was a line down the block.
This was right under the Statosphere looking straight up. That black shape at the top center of the photo is a street light so you can get an idea of the camera angle.

Instead of going to any fancy nightclubs, my sister and I went to a lot of thrift stores. Lucky for me that she enjoys thrifting and that Dear Handyman was happy to drive us all around town. I am also lucky because I found a Pyrex Zodiac covered casserole dish and a few other pieces. Plus I found some old player piano music rolls to use for altered art.
I am so lucky and so blessed. Just slowing down to enjoy my life. Tomorrow I'll be back at work and dealing with all of the stress but for right now, this moment, I am counting my blessings and enjoying my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...