Saturday, March 7, 2015

Tim Holtz and Pyrex in One Week!

This has been an awesome week which included a mini-workshop with Tim Holtz. He had us playing with all of his different surface materials to see how they perform. My absolute favorite was the Shiny Foil Transfer Sheets, the Distress Specialty Stamping Paper and Clearly for Art {moldable plastic film}.

He explained the surfaces and then let us play. We weren't supposed to create a final project but I ended up composing this quick piece using the Sizzix Layered Bee die and Texture Fade. Behind the large bee is a stamped butterfly using the gold transfer foil. The horizontal band is a piece of thin wood. The center of the background is embossed vellum. All of this is mounted on corrugated paper.
But wait! There's more fun to this week!



Lately I have been trying to cut back on my thrifting adventures. I am working on a personal design project so I can't dedicate as much time to my blog and store. That means that everything I thrift tends to fill up my house instead of going into the store which ultimately means either I thrift less or I will become a hoarder. But the weather was so beautiful today so we had to get out and do just a wee bit of thrifting.

My favorite find was more Pyrex.
We found the yellow Garden Medley bowl and Butterfly Gold cups at the local flea market. The prices were too good to pass up. I had never seen the Garden Medley covered bowl pattern before because it is a more uncommon promotional piece. It has white tulips and roses on a bright yellow background.
The divided covered dishes were scooped up at my local Goodwill. Why oh why do I keep collecting Pyrex!!! I have some aqua pieces that I actually use. I have a large collection of the golds and browns that I will sell. And I seem to have also acquired quite a bit of pieces in green that will also be sold. Seriously! I don't have space to keep collecting but I do love the thrill of the hunt!

The last thing I found was this cute enamelware dish with a red wagon and stars. I don't know how old it is but think it will be a perfect decorative accent to use for the Fourth of July.
I hope everyone had a great day of thrifting.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...