Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

What an awesome Mother's Day!!! I am so thankful for all of the blessings in my life.

My day started off with a card from my son along with two Mr. Goodbars {my favorite candy}.

Dear Handyman threw together a breakfast of sausages, bell peppers, hash browns, English baked beans and scrambled eggs. Perfection without the restaurant crowds.

We worked a little on our new {to us} RV. We named this RV, Lucy after Lucille Ball in the movie, The Long, Long Trailer. I will add photos of Lucy another time.

Mid-day we went to a Japanese bakery that had the best cream puff pastry with fresh strawberries.
The bakery is called Cream Pan in Tustin, CA. In the time it took me to take this photo, Dear Handyman ate two of the pastries. They aren't very big but they are delicious!

I wanted to go to the scrapbooking store but they were closed today. I will treat myself next weekend.

Then we went to Fashion Island in Newport Beach, CA. The weather was warm and it was a beautiful day to walk around the stores.

It is always fun to people-watch especially at Fashion Island. I love the koi pond and watching the little children fascinated with the koi fish.
This shopping center is so high-end that I can't afford to buy anything except in the book store. I treated myself to the current issue of Where Women Create, Business. There is an wonderful article about my friend, Eileen Hull and her Paper Trails adventure. I also bought a book about modern calligraphy. I want to improve my calligraphy skills.

Finally, dinner was cooked by Dear Handyman. It was a feast of shrimp cocktail and crab legs. We devoured a pound of shrimp and a pound each of crab legs. I feasted like a queen!

What a perfect day! I couldn't ask for a more relaxing day. I truly am blessed and so thankful for my life.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the strong and brave mothers out there. Hope your life is blessed today and every day.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Blog! I used to live in Tustin. Next time I'm visiting I'll check out Cream Pan, looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody. Definitely check out Cream Pan and enjoy their pastries.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...